Should you do what you feel pushed toward doing or should you follow you heart? The answer is so simple, it’s laughable! But what will people who do not know what they want to do in life choose from? Is their only option that of going off on the path laid down by life’s natural course, or try and fail a couple of times in an attempt to find out where they fit? Here is where a well drafted personality traits quiz comes in handy, saves time and heart break and gives those who were not born with a plan a chance at real happiness and personal accomplishments: the 16 personality types quiz!
Who Invented the 16 Personality Types Model?
Generated from the Jungian theories on types of personalities and expanding on his concepts on Introversion and Extraversion, Judging Functions and Perceiving Functions, the 16 personalities model was coined by Katharine Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Myers-Briggs. They used acronyms to define each personality type and their interest was more in the area of what combination of traits makes out a type, with a dominant function that “programs” a person for a certain role.
How Does This Help You?
Certainly you have taken a number of other quizzes as well, curious about your personality. But the results were usually pointing towards very inclusive categories with general definitions and not enough insight. This model is built bearing in mind the way in which all of your personality traits interact. This means that, far from a simple” you are an introvert & an extrovert” rendering, it bears the fact that people can be included into other “in-between” categories. By taking this test, you too will fall in one category defined by an acronym such as ENFJ-T or ISTP-T and you will have a lot to learn about yourself from these simple letters.
What Can You Find out by Taking This Quiz?
In brief, test results take each candidate through the general profile, present strengths and weaknesses, insights on themselves in relation to family, friends and life partners and explain career patterns and workplace habits. They also give you an idea of what types of projects and tasks, or social situations you will fare better in.
Why Should You Know about This Classification?
It is always best to cultivate the natural abilities of each individual and to stop forcing impossible demands which only end up creating frustration and failure. For example, introverted and assertive types are better at working alone with full control over the environment and full trust on their skills. This already narrows down the list of jobs and projects. By knowing what you have to work with earlier in life, as a student, you will know better how to invest your time, manage situations and create opportunities where they are really possible.
Finding out what your dominant functions are means knowing what you are better suited for. Who knows? You may even be so surprised at how well you are doing something, that you may even end up feeling like you are cheating, since you are naturally so good at it. Here’s a brief classification of the 16 personality types quiz. Which type fits your personality best?
- INFP (The Healer) – imaginative and idealistic. The Healer guides after their own set of beliefs and core values. They are compassionate, caring and sensitive; creative and incredibly artistic.
- INFJ (The Counselor) – intuitive and motivated. The Counselor has imaginative ideals, and they are incredibly compassionate, caring and sensitive.
- ENFJ (The Teacher) – driven and energetic. The Teacher has a vision. They see great potential in others, and they use their charisma to persuade others with ingenious ideas.
- ENFP (The Champion) – original and imaginative. The Champions are enthusiastic students who love to express their thoughts out loud. They use humor to engage others, and have excellent creative potential.
- INTJ (The Mastermind) – eager to improve themselves and come up with the best ideas. The Mastermind has deep analytical skills; they’re intellectuals who enjoy complex problem solving and logical reasoning.
- ENTJ (The Commander) – commanders are strategic leaders; they’re motivate to organize and they enjoy crafting complex plans to turn ideas into life-long goals.
- ENTP (The Visionary) – inspired innovators and motivated to come up with the best solutions; the Visionaries are clever and curious; they seek to understand the principles, the people and systems surrounding them. Unconventional and open-minded, the Visionaries are constantly aiming to influence, analyze and understand others.
- INTP (The Architect) – captivated by logical analysis and constantly preoccupied with theory, the Architects are detached and they like to spend time exploring new concepts, seeking understanding and making connections.
- ESFJ (The Provider) – sensitive to other people’s needs, the Providers are dedicated to cooperating with those around them. They value tradition and loyalty, and put their family and friends on the first place.
- ESFP (The Performer) – charming and engaging. The Performers like to entertain. They’re energetic, spontaneous and fun, and they love to communicate and be in the center of attention.
- ISFJ (The Protector) – loyal, compassionate and practical. The Protector is grounded and conventional. They have a deep sense of liability and focus on completing duties
- ISFP (The Composer) – gentle caretakers and rather quiet, the Composers are friendly and warm. They’re flexible, easy to talk to and spontaneous, and they see beauty in everything that surrounds them.
- ESTJ (The Supervisor) – hardworking and commanding. The Supervisor is the perfect leader. They love to rule, and they value predictability and methodology.
- ESTP (The Dynamo) – extremely energetic, the Dynamos are thrill seekers; they love interacting with people, and they have the greatest sense of humor.
- ISTJ (The Inspector) – responsible and extremely organized, The Inspector is neat and ordered. They are reliable and love to follow the rules.
- ISTP (The Craftsman) – observant artisans, adaptable and independent. The Craftsmen are extremely attentive to details; they are reserved and attentive, and they enjoy taking action and express their thoughts loud and clear.
Well, found someone familiar?