Informative writing example is a type of work aimed at providing new knowledge in different areas of human life. The main task of an informative essay is to present a topic that would carry useful and educative information for the reader. The informative writing should not include author’s personal beliefs or serve as a persuasion. Its main purpose is to cover all the important facts on a given theme. Another important feature of informative writing example is a state of being interesting and topical for the target audience.
The Effect of Classical Music
To begin with, the positive influence of music on human’s body is no longer a surprise for anyone. The music of different genres is very beneficial for health as it helps to reduce blood pressure and anxiety, promote relaxation, decrease anxiety, and even increase libido. It is equally important to admit that music, especially a classical one has a direct impact on person’s brain and its activity.
Classical music affects mood, stimulates cognitive functions of the brain, enhances memory, and improve learning abilities through its rhythm and melody. Besides that, classical music decreases the activity in synuclein-alpha cells (SNCA) that are the main cause of neurodegeneration and thus Parkinson’s disease.
The healing properties of classical music were also revealed in the number of researches. For instance, in 1993, Dr. Gordon Shaw noticed the favorable impact of classical music on memory. He pointed out that the intelligence quotient of college students who were listening to Mozart arose, while the IQ of students who preferred other genres remained the same. Shaw indicated that Mozart’s music might be quite an effective tool in the development of abstract thought. This discovery became known as “Mozart effect”.
Generally speaking, scholars distinguish between such benefits of classical music:
- Boosting of physical efficiency. It was scientifically proved that classical music promotes more effective training as the playlist of favorite songs promotes physical activity and focus attention not on the process of exercising but on the process of listening.
- Enhancement of the quality of sleep necessary for the body. Listening to classical music calms the mind and, therefore, promotes physical relaxation and helps to overcome insomnia.
- Alleviating chronic pain in a natural way. Music helps those who underwent surgery, suffered disability, or experienced the destructive effect of aging process. It makes people concentrate directly on the melody instead of concentrating on pain and its consequences. Besides, classical music was proved to be a healer of damaged tissues.
- Mood improvement and stress reduction. The state of anxiety, sadness, or even depression could be simply overcome by several minutes of listening to classical music. It was revealed that this music genre evokes positive chemical reactions in the brain and thus is very useful during stress lowering process. Moreover, in some studies, the effect of classical music was compared to the effect of massage.
- Increasing of brainpower. During the number of studies, it was proved that students who were listening to classical music passed their test better. “Mozart effect” was recognized as one that helps to improve the speed as well as the quality of answers and improve the IQ level.
To sum up, classical music is an undoubted treatment of a great variety of physical and psychological diseases. The positive influence of classical music on humans’ body was revealed and proved by various studies and discoveries. Nevertheless, all the effects of classical music are still unknown; therefore, this area of study needs further thorough investigation which would bring significant benefits to all mankind.
- H. W. (2015, June 4). 5 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Classical Music. Retrieved July 11, 2016, from https://www.myhealthwire.com/news/mind-body/1069
- Kanduri, C., Raijas, P., Ahvenainen, M., Philips, A. K., Ukkola-Vuoti, L., Lähdesmäki, H., & Järvelä, I. (2015). The effect of listening to music on human transcriptome.PeerJ, 3. doi:10.7717/peerj.830
- What Classical Music Does To Your Genes. (2015). Retrieved July 11, 2016, from http://www.medicaldaily.com/listening-classical-music-enhances-gene-activity-update-mozart-effect-325680
- How Does the Brain Respond to Classical Music? (2015). Retrieved July 11, 2016, from http://www.livestrong.com/article/156814-how-does-the-brain-respond-to-classical-music/
- L. H., K. T., T. P., & G. P. (n.d.). The Effects of Different Types of Music on Cognitive Abilities. Journal of Undergraduate Psychological Research, 3. doi:10.4324/9781410612311